Computational Linguist - Norwegian / Danish
This is a remote job, 20 - 40 hours per week. Requires (Near-)native speaker of Norwegian and Danish. All candidates will complete a linguistics challenge task.
Our Natural Language Understanding (NLU) Department is currently looking for computer scientists or computational linguists as freelancers who could extend and improve the NLU system for their respective language. Candidates should be available for 20-40 hours per week, ideally during Northamerican (English and Portuguese) or European business hours (other languages). Our Machine-Learning-based NLU systems are AI (Artificial Intelligence) components integrated into products used by millions of people all over the world. The work will involve the development of grammars and lexical resources, the correction of annotated data, and other adjustments of the system.
- - Revision and extension of resources to be used for Speech Recognition software
- - Development of grammars for Natural Language Understanding
- - (Re)Training of Machine Learning models for NLU, including evaluation and error analysis
- - Text manipulation and data processing
- - Localization of data, online surveys, etc. into the respective language
- - Bachelor or Master in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Computational Linguistics, or other relevant technical field
- - (Near-)native speaker of Norwegian or Danish.
- - Affinity with statistics and Machine Learning
- - Solid Unix skills (bash)
- - Sound knowledge of regular expressions and a scripting language such as Python or Perl
- - Familiarity with version-control software (git, svn)
- - Fluency in English (written and oral)
- - Suitable training in interesting NLU projects
- - Adequate compensation
- - Flexible working hours
- - Great team in an international working environment
- Information Technology & Services